At Saint Rita, we are blessed with a vibrant, Christ-centered faith community that offers over 50 ministry services to complement our worship and sacramental life. A strong commitment to sharing our gifts of time, talent, and treasure helps us to continue to build on the firm foundation of our parish that was established over 64 years ago.
We invite your participation in one of our many ministries. Please see the list below for some ways that you can be involved. Have another idea that is not on this list? Tell us your idea!
Interested in finding out about service opportunities? Sign up to receive emails here!
- Altar Linens...Mary Ann Beikirch (671-7469)
- Altar Servers...Elizabeth Kwiatkowski (671-1100 x14)
- Breakfast Club...Sharon Pucher (586-1959)
- Children's Liturgy...Teri Bucks (671-0388)
- Choirs...Joe Kwiatkowski
- ChristLife...Gerry Sander (503-3256) or Julie Cohn (671-1100 x13)
- Christmas Angel Projects...Diane Langen (217-9386)
- Church Decorating...Elaine King (671-4930)
- Companions in Grief...Bev Geier (872-2933)
- Crop Walk...Carol Van Atta (671-7832)
- Eucharistic Ministers, Leaders, Lectors, Ushers...Teri Bucks (671-0388)
- Faith Formation...Anita Wagner (671-2079)
- Gardening...Joyce Hollander (267-9019)
- Knights of Columbus...Dan Scalzo (872-6090)
- Martha Ministry...Carol Reisch (671-1100)
- Marriage Prep...Dave & Marti Mauro (794-3569)
- Mary's Place...Meg Burkhard (670-9695)
- Migrant Ministry...Joyce Hollander (267-9019)
- Monthly Food Collection...Karen Geer
- Outreach Ministry...Diane Cocilova (671-4007) / Kathy Foster (671-4347)
- Parish Council...Ryan Scherer (315-521-4068)
- Prayer Request Line...Julie Cohn (671-1100 x13)
- Prayer Shawl Ministry...Julie Cohn (671-1100 x13)
- Sacristan Cleaning
- Soup Kitchen...Elaine King (671-4930)
- St. Rita School...Mary Ellen Wagner (671-3132)
- St. Rita Society...Elaine King (671-4930)
- Stephen Ministry...c/o St. Joseph Church (586-0674 x130)
- Vacation Bible School...Elizabeth Kwiatkowski (671-1100 x14)
- Visitation Outreach...Julie Cohn (671-1100 x13)
- Webster-Penfield Health Ministry...Felice Armignacco (671-5177)
- Women Enjoying Rediscovering Our Catholicism (WEROC)...Terezeja Lemieux (606-6794)/Darlene Piersall (787-0983)
Breakfast Club cooks and serves breakfast at the Parish Center on Sunday mornings after the 7:30 and 9:00 masses from September through May. This is a place for parishioners to relax, visit, and share conversation. Proceeds are used to support the parish and purchase equipment for the kitchen. Breakfast has been served since 1970! Want to be a part of our team? Click here to contact a team member.
The Saint Rita Fiesta is a family-oriented event for the parish and the community held on the first weekend after Memorial Day. It is a great opportunity for our parish to come together for family entertainment in a safe environment. Along with great musical entertainment and a wide variety of food, we have games and activities for kids and adults alike, with no admission fee. We tithe 10% of our proceeds to charity. Want to be a part of planning this exciting event? Click here to contact the Planning Committee. It takes over 400 volunteers to make this a successful event and is a great opportunity to meet new people, share your time and talent, and have a fun weekend! Watch for more information about volunteering starting in April.
Saint Rita Society is a women's group that meets monthly for prayer and service, socialization, information, education, and spiritual growth. This group generally meets on the third Tuesday of each month in the Parish Center. Watch the bulletin for information on special events and guest speakers.
If you like to knit or crochet and help others, the Prayer Shawl Ministry might interest you. When finished, shawls are blessed by Father and presented to members of Saint Rita parish who are going through difficult times in their lives, providing them with love, care, and support.
Introducing "WEROC" - Women Enjoying Rediscovering Our Catholicism. This group meets on Tuesday mornings from 9-11 am in Room 3. For more information, contact Terezeja Lemieux or Darlene Piersall. Click here to check out the Facebook group.
There are several ways to share musical talents at Saint Rita. The Adult Choir welcomes adults with some chorale ensemble experience and a desire to learn and sing SATB (mixed voice) literature from all music styles. This choir provides music for the 10:30 Sunday Mass and special services and events. The Children's Choir is for children in grades 2-5 and sings at the 9:00 Sunday Mass once per month. The Contemporary Music Group welcomes instrumentalists and singers to provide music for the 5:00 Saturday Mass. You don't have to read music to join this group. The "Lite" Choir is for those who love to sing but want less of a time commitment and "lighter" music than the regular adult choir. This group sings once per month at the 9:00 Sunday Mass. Cantors and instrumentalists are used at various Masses or when no choir is present. Click here to listen to some sample music from our choirs.