Welcome to Following Christ Information Page
Sundays from 6:00 to 8:15 pm
January 6; thru March 3, 2019
What is ChristLife?
The ChristLifeTM Series is a three-step process that is changing lives and transforming parishes throughout the United States. It is a proven method of igniting new evangelization and creating a culture of sharing God’s love. ChristLife provides a great opportunity for Catholics and non-Catholics alike to encounter Jesus and to grow in relationship with Him. ChristLife has already been conducted in many parishes in the Rochester Diocese and will come to Webster in 2018 / 2019.
The ChristLife series consists of three sequential programs called Discovering Christ, Following Christ and Sharing Christ and is hosted jointly by Holy Trinity and Saint Rita parishes. Following Christ, the second in our ChristLife series, starts January 6, 2019.
What is Following Christ?
Following Christ is a seven-week journey that explores and encourages Catholic discipleship.
Following Christ helps those who have completed Discovering Christ to grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ. This is accomplished through the grace of God by praying together, teaching, and supporting one another in some of the basic disciplines and truths practiced by Christians since the early Church.
A Typical Session
Following Christ consists of seven sessions and a retreat day. The weekly sessions include four components: prayer, video teaching, fellowship, and small group discussion.
1. Prayer - The prayer time is an opportunity for participants to grow deeper together in group prayer after they have become more comfortable with prayer during Discovering Christ.
2. Video Teaching - The teachings provide practical ways to grow in relationship with the Lord and include foundational disciplines and truths that are important for maturing in Christ.
3. Fellowship - The time of fellowship over drinks and desserts comes after the teaching as people transition into their small groups.
4. Small Groups - The small groups are a place to freely discuss the teaching content, as well as a place of accountability for completing the action items encouraged in each session.
Questions and Info Sheets:
- Click HERE to download "How is Discovering Christ Uniquely Catholic"
- Click HERE to view a YouTube Video about Following Christ
- Have Questions? Email Julie Cohn at the Parish Office at [email protected]
Dates for Following Christ:
- Sunday, January 6 - Session 1 (6:00 - 8:15 pm) - at St. Rita Church
- Sunday, January 13 - Session 2 (6:00 - 8:15 pm) - at St. Rita Church
- Sunday, January 20 - Session 3 (6:00 - 8:15 pm) - at St. Rita Church
- Sunday, January 27 - Session 4 (6:00 - 8:15 pm) - at St. Rita Church
- Sunday, February 3 - Session 5 (1:00 - 4:00 pm; due to Super Bowl Sunday)
- Sunday, February 9 - Saturday Retreat Day at Holy Trinity (8:30 am to 5:00 pm)
- (Skpping President's Day Week)
- Sunday, February 24 - Session 6 (6:00 - 8:15 pm) - at St. Rita Church
- Sunday, March 3 - Session 7 (6:00 - 8:15 pm) - at St. Rita Church
Typical Evening Session:
- 6:00pm – Welcome and Prayer(:25) (Starting in Church) (No Dinner but dessert following the video teaching)
- 6:25pm – Video Presentation (:40)
- 7:05pm - Move people back to gym. Dessert/coffee break. (:15)
- 7:20pm – Small Group Discussion (:50)
- 8:10pm – Closing prayer
- 8:15pm - Done
- Daily Personal Prayer
- Hearing God in Scripture
- The Power of the Sacraments
- Forgiving One Another
- The Spirit-Empowered Life
- Retreat: The World
- Retreat: The Flesh
- Retreat: The Devil
- Advancing the Mission of the Church
- Celebration Session